KTU B.Tech Branch Change Norms, Instructions & Application Form Download. A student admitted to a particular branch of the B.Tech programme will normally continue studying in that branch till completion. However, in special cases the University may permit a student, who has requested for a change from one branch of study to another after the first two semesters, strictly in accordance with the provisions laid down hereinafter.
- Only those students who have (a) completed all the credits prescribed in the first two semesters of their studies, and (b) obtained a CGPA not lower than 7.5 ( 6.5 for SC/ST students) at the end of the second semester will be eligible for consideration for a change of branch after the second semester.
- Change of branch shall be made strictly on the basis of CGPA of S1 & S2 at the end of second semester of the applicant. Ties will be broken by the marks obtained in S1 &S2 for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken in that order.
- Change of branch will be considered only in the college in which the applicant is presently studying to the vacant seats within the sanctioned strength of the branch in the college.
- The notification regarding the transfer of branch will be published in the website of the college after the semester examination. The colleges have to collect the applications from the students, list them in the website and inform the KTU.
- Students can give only one choice of branch, to which they wish to change over.
- All changes of branch made in accordance with the above rules will be effective from the third semester of the applicants concerned. No changes of branch shall be permitted thereafter.
- All changes of branch will be final and binding on the applicant. No student will be permitted, under any circumstances, to refuse the change of branch once offered.
- The appropriate credits applicable to the new branch of study earned by the student in the first two semesters will be transferred to him in the new branch. The college will have to make sure the academic requirements given in the table below are met to undergo the study in the new branch.
Branch wise chart of ADDITIONAL COURSES TO BE CREDITED BY STUDENTS WHO CHANGE THEIR BRANCH IN THE THIRD SEMESTER can be downloaded from the link here
Download KTU Application form Proforma for Branch Change : CLICK HERE
For more details visit official university site ktu.edu.in or contact Phone: 0471-2593120, 2593128