In Andhra Pradesh, nine people died after drinking sanitizer

In Prakasham district of Andhra Pradesh, 9 people died after consuming sanitizer. According to the police, the closure of the liquor shops due to the lockdown in the district prompted them to try the sanitizer. District Superintendent of Police Siddharth Kaushal said that they drink the sanitizer with soft drinks and water.

He added that the sanitizer was being tested for the presence of any other toxins and that sanitizers for sale in the area had been sent for testing. A beggar was first found dead near the temple. Another was hospitalized after being found unconscious but could not save his life. A third person who drinks the sanitizer on Thursday night also died. The other six died Friday morning. Others who consumed the sanitizer are being treated at the hospital.