Best WordPress Cache Plugin 2018: Are you unhappy with the speed/performance of your wordpress blog/website ? If so, it’s time to try a wp cache plugin to enhance the performance of your blog. In this article I will compare the best 5 wordpress caching plugins available (both free and paid plugins included). The list of Top 5 WP cache plugins is given below.
Best WordPress Caching Plugins of 2018 Compared
1.WP Rocket Cache Plugin 2018
WP Rocket cache is ranked as the most powerful caching plugin by wordpress experts. It is a Premium (plugin) and it doesn’t have a free version. WP Rocket cache is easy to install and its configurations are simple & intuitive. It packed with options such as Page Caching, Cache Preloading, Gzip Compression, Browser caching, CDN support and many more. Checkout the features of WP Rocket Cache below.
WP Rocket Cache Plugin Features & Download:
- Quick Setup
- Page Caching
- Cache Preloading
- Sitemap Preloading
- GZIP Compression
- Browser Caching
- Database Optimization
- Minification / Concatenation
- Defer JS Loading
- CDN & CloudFlare Compatibility
- Mobile Detection
- Multisite Compatibility
Plugin Type: Premium (Paid)
2.W3 Total Cache WordPress Plugin:
With over 1 million active installations W3 Total Cache stands at the top of all caching plugins available in the wordpress repository. W3 Total Cache improves the user experience and search engine optimization (SEO) by increasing the performance of your wordpress blog/website. It guarantee at least 10x improvement in overall site performance. See the features of WP Total Cache free wordpress cache plugin 2018 below.
WP Total Cache Plugin Features & Download:
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
Plugin Type: Free
3.Comet Cache WordPress Cache Plugin:
Comet Cache takes a real-time snapshot (building a cache) of every Page, Post, Category, Link, etc. These snapshots are then stored (cached) intuitively, so they can be referenced later, in order to save all of that processing time that has been dragging your site down and costing you money. Comet Cache uses advanced techniques that allow it to recognize when it should and should not serve a cached version of the file.
Comet Cache Plugin Features & Download:
- Well-documented configuration
- Control on automatic cache clearing
- User-Agent, HTTP & URI exclusion patterns including wildcards
- Automatic expiration time for cache files
- Client-Side Caching
- RSS, RDF, and Atom Feed caching.
- Apache Optimizations to enable GZIP Compression.
Plugin Type: Free (Paid Version Available @ $39)
4.WP Super Cache Plugin
WP Super Cache is developed by Automatic, the company who created WordPress. With over 1 Million active installations WP super cache is one of the most used wp cache plugins of all time. This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
WP Super Cache Plugin Features & Download:
- Cache Preloading
- Garbage Collection
- CDN Supported
- REST API
- Lifetime Updates
- Easy Caching Modes (Expert, Simple & WP-Cache Caching)
Plugin Type: Free
5.WP Fastest Cache WordPress Caching Plugin
WP Fastest Cache creates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog/website. When a new user request the same page again it will show up the static html files, thus reduces your CPU & RAM usage. WP Fastest Cache is easy to setup and no coding required. Checkout the features of WP Fastest cache plugin.
WP Fastest Cache Plugin Features & Download:
- Mod_Rewrite Supported
- Option to delete all cache files by admin
- Automatically clears the cache when a post published or updated.
- Disable caching specific post/page using shortcode
- SSL & CDN Supported
- Preload Cache
- Enable/Disable cache option for logged-in users
- Enable/Disable cache option for mobile devices
- Cache Timeout for specific pages
Plugin Type: Free (Paid version available @ $39.99)
So I suggest you to opt WP Rocket Cache if you are looking for a Premium cache plugin for your blog. Otherwise stick with WP Super Cache or Comet Cache as they are free. These are my recommendations for the top best caching plugins for wordpress in 2018.